Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Monday, August 30, 2004

The Boys Retreat

Well, we took the guys from C.I.A. away for the weekend. We went up to Waipu. We had a really good time. The weather proved wonderful, so we went to Lang's Beach and played a bit of touch. Unfortunately I didn't have any shorts, so I had to play in boxer shorts, but don't worry, I had appropriate undercoverings! The touch game was oldies vs youngies. Although promising to thrash us, the youngies failed to deliver in both games, and indeed it was the defence of the oldies that won the day.



We also looked the the first 7 chapters of the purpose driven life. Let's see if I can remember the main points:-

1. It's not about you.

2. You are not an accident.

3. Living on purpose is the path to peace.

4. There is more to life than the here and now.

5. Life is a test and a trust.

6. This world is not my home.

7. It's all for Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home