Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Monday, November 01, 2004

Rainbows End

Not last Saturday, but the one before, Louise (my sister), James (my little bro) and my mum went to Rainbows end. This was Jim's birthday present. He had never been before, so it was a real treat.



Louise and I spent quite some time at the roller coaster. But the funny thing is, by the end of the day, the thrill of going down the real steep bit had some what lessened. Oh well.



Louise James and I also checked out the fear fall. Goodness gracious me. Wowsers. It's a lot higher up there than it looks from the bottom, and the fall is quite something. Apparently we all came off with rather white faces. Yeah. I don't mind admitting that I was pretty freaked on that one. James only did that one once.



One of the highlights of the day for me was Burton Hollis coffee at a little cafe there. I was impressed. One of the best coffees I have had lately. Not something you would expect at a theme park. Mum and I took a little coffee break while Lou and Jim had a go at the dodgems.



Oooooo! I had candy floss. Mmmm. But I didn't have too much because it felt bad for my teeth.



James wanted to drive the cars but he was too short, so I had to drive for him. So he made me drive like I'm disinclined to do. But I must say I enjoyed that. It was fun. He and Lou did however go on the bumper boats. It looked good fun. James was hooning round - once he got the hang of the controls and wasn't turning around in circles!



The Goldrush one was a real disappointment in terms of queue to ride ratio. And it wasn't exactly high on the thrill factor. I decided to add thrill into this one by hitting family members in the face in the dark patches. Hehe. The old log flume was pretty choice. It's a nice family type ride. And the pirate ship provided some light entertainment as we sparked up a game of who can yell the loudest. When each side went up we would wave our hands around and yell. Then the other lot would be up and try to match it. I didn't realise how loud my voice could be. It was strange you know that I found it difficult to do the youth group talk that night. Hmmm.



What I loved most about the day was hanging out with the whanau. I don't know what I would do without family. I love them so much. God is good to provide us with families. Families are choice.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home