Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Garden Update

I don't care if you think I'm a nana. I like gardens.

So I'm going to give you an update.

The herb garden is going great! I have managed to propagate most of the herbs I have by various means. Currently I am working on Lemon Balm. The method I am attempting to propagate this by is the old "bury one of the stems under some soil and hope it gets some roots" trick.

Well it is berry season. All my strawberry plants are fruiting - and producing nice strawberries since I stopped watering them so much. The blackberry plant is flowering, and soon hopefully we will have berries. The orangeberry plant shows no signs of fruiting yet - neither do the rasberries, berry delight (some hybrid variety) or the boysenberries. Loganberries are fruiting - and the birds are loving it. Mongrels. Hopefully my new scary CD trick will stop them pillaging my fruits!

In rose news - my roses have black spot. Need to do something about this, but not sure what.

Stay tuned.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home