Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Assasination of Common Sense

Warehouse Stationary Manukau always provides me with fuel for a moan. They are fairly inept, incompetant, useless....you know what I mean. Customer service is almost non-existent. You end up waiting in lines for ages, and if you want help, prepare to go digging!

However, they do have good deals, so go I must when I need some more computer paper or cds and so on. Today I saw an amazing deal on a corner desk system, which included cupboards, drawers, cd rack, and heaps of storage space for computer periphery. Unlike many computer desks, this had a separate area for working without the computer. It also came with a chair. The total package cost was $300.

Now I already have a chair, so I asked one of the staff what it would cost without the chair. He came back to me after talking with his boss and said "It's better for you to buy it with the chair." I told him I did not want the chair, and asked how much it would be without the chair. Apparently if I decided to not take the chair, it would cost me $50 extra. I could not believe the stupidity of this. Do you mean to tell me that it's going to cost me more to have less? Do you mean to say it costs me $50 for a "not chair"! He could see my logic, but evidently his boss couldn't.

Is it any wonder then, that with people this thick in places of power, that we have huge problems in New Zealand? Does it not also explain why Labour is in government. You could only be stupid or self-absorbed to vote for them.

9 Comments:

  • Get your CDs from e-one. More for less and just as good. Pack of 50 for about $15. Ditto DVDs if you are so inclined.

    Paper - I just grab DSE stuff. I don't use much so I'm not too concerned with it. Hang, I've been out of ink for months. lol

    By Anonymous Allan, at 2:44 AM, June 24, 2005  

  • Would it not follow then that if their philosophy is stupid... then to follow that philosophy would make them stupid also?

    (btw scott never said dumb or crazy... he said stupid or self absorbed!!!!)

    By Anonymous Jonathan, at 1:16 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • Check out the next post before you get on your high horse.

    It's funny how people notice it when I do it (albeit delibrately), and don't bat an eyelid when the left does it.

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 1:32 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • Please people! If you want your ramblings left on my blog - have the guts to stick your name by it!!!

    For all those interested in what anonymous had to say - it was just another prime example of someone belittling the person they are arguing with.

    Perhaps they didn't understand what I was actually trying to do. See my latest post.

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 1:38 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • Hey Scott

    If people don't want to leave their name then surely they should be free to do so? I mean they could write Bill Bob or Joe Bloggs what is the difference if you know or think you know their name.

    How do you know it is even me writing this or someone else signing my name?

    Jono - it would be better not to say any ones philosophy was stupid and I didn't say Scott said those things

    By Anonymous Anita (or is it), at 2:04 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • Well as far as anonymous comments go... i will (and have) take the same approach... is it not fair that if you have something worth saying that you say who you are?

    and regarding using other peoples names... at least we can check with you... or if you see somenoe posting using you name you can say something... and the same action will be taken... if you can front up to what is said... then why say it?

    and regarding philosophy...
    are you saying that there's no such thing as a stupid philosophy? or simply that we shouldn't call a stupid philosophy, stupid?

    By Anonymous Jonathan, at 2:23 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • sorry should read

    "if you CAN'T front up to what is said... then why say it?"

    By Anonymous Jonathan, at 2:24 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • I don't know Jono- it has gone right over my head.
    Scott your blog is confusing and I don't get it anymore.....
    You shouldn't tell people that they or what they believe is stupid. It is mean and not very nice.
    It should be your choice if you want to put your name or not

    By Anonymous Anita, at 2:35 PM, June 24, 2005  

  • I disagree! I think it should be my choice whether I allow anonymous comments or not. If this takes away the readers choice of whether to put a name to a comment - tough gingernut.

    Rule of debate on my blog is that you must put your name to your argument. I think most people who argue/debate would agree with this idea.

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 2:45 PM, June 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home