Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Monday, July 16, 2007

Encouraging Stuff

Last week after preaching at church a 10 year old girl came up to Sarah and I to show us the notes she had taken from the sermon. The notes came complete with a picture accurately depicting my geeky self resplendent in striped jumper and square specs.

However what really was encouraging were the notes. This little girl had accurately summarised my sermon. She had listened and understood the basic message. I was very impressed. It just goes to show that children are often a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Edit 17/7/7
Striped, not stripped!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh and just to wind up Alana....she is homeschooled. ;)

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 1:46 PM, July 16, 2007  

  • How many adults show they got it? :)

    By Anonymous Allan, at 10:19 PM, July 16, 2007  

  • Hi. My sis and her husband's 8 kids don't go out to Sunday School but always stay in for the sermon and they have an great knowledge and understand many 'so-called' adult level concepts to do with theology etc.
    I'm jealous as when I was a kid I wanted to be in on what the adults were hearing at church and christian camps etc but always got shunted off to those pretty mindless children's activites.
    My parents have since changed their mind about that! Too late for me but hopefully more parents will see the light and not restrict their kids to dumbed down christian education.

    By Anonymous Andy, at 5:18 PM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home