Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Raaaa!!

Disclaimer:- You may think it is strange entitling my 1st post as a married man with "Raaaa!!". It is not a reflection of married life, but an incident that just ticked me off.

I really dislike it when dumb people with dumb land rover type vehicles with dumb big bull bars tailgate me. Coming back from visiting a friend of Sarah's tonight, we were tailgated by one such vehicle.

For a start I dislike people driving these dumb vehicles around suburbia because...well... becuase they should get a life and get an Alfa Romeo....but that is all beside the point.

What really annoyed me about this guy was he was dumb. He didn't get the point that I didn't like him tailgating me. I changed lanes. He tailgated me. I burnt him off at the lights (not hard in the 155). He caught up to me when I stopped accelerating (once I had reached the 70 km speed limit) and tailgated me. I braked to show him I was uncomfortable about his bull-barred nose sniffing my rear. He tailgated me. I beeped in exasperation at him - but I think he just didn't get it.

So i have two words for all you inconsiderate drivers who think you are Greg Murphy and can stop within a metre at 70km. BACK OFF. GET A SAFE FOLLOWING DISTANCE. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN ABOUT PHYSICS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR BIG FAT DUMB LAND ROVER TYPE VEHICLE WILL NOT STOP INSTANTLY AT SPEED. DO NOT SIT RIGHT BEHIND MUCH PRETTIER VEHICLES WHICH WILL BE DAMAGED BY YOUR UGLY VEHICLE WHEN YOU CANNOT BRING IT TO A STOP IN TIME. I GUESS THIS WAS MORE THAN TWO WORDS.

Honeymoon post with pictures may follow soon.

5 Comments:

  • Was going to comment about the first post as a married man, but it's in the disclaimer now. Oh well.

    By Anonymous Nato, at 1:28 AM, April 20, 2006  

  • Hehe! And I had Sarah's full authority to post this post too!

    Strange though - Iwrote the disclaimer first - it should have been there when you read it before - the only thing I changed about it was the size of the writing.

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 8:45 AM, April 20, 2006  

  • I second the raaaaAAA!!!

    Keep rotten fruit in the glovebox? To hurl at the idiots.

    lol

    Ok... mayby just mount an amp under the dash and a loudspeaker out the back :-)

    By Anonymous Allan, at 9:02 AM, April 20, 2006  

  • Ideas: Use hazard lights, weird driving to confise him. Use your window washers -- at 70 kmh it should spray behind you effectively. Slow right down and let the big idiot go past you.

    By Anonymous ropata, at 7:34 PM, April 20, 2006  

  • I notice it especially with larger vehicles. Their imposingness is perhaps a result of (at least) two things :
    a) Their height and width offer the person in front more imposition than, say, a Daihatsu Mira following at the same distance.
    2) The seat position of the driver of an SUV is higher, which gives the driver the illusion of both greater-than-actual following distance, and also less-than-actual speed.

    Where possible, I just pull over - and come to a complete stop, if necessary - to let these illusioned SUV-types past.

    By Anonymous Dan, at 9:28 AM, April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home