Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fashion is an Ass

I in no ways mean to offend people in this post - so ain't nobody take some offence.

I went clothes shopping yesterday, and was surprised by the the complete trash that was available. I think all this years fashion for men are the rejects from last year. It seems that jeans with stupid looking rips in them, shirts with holes in them (or ones that look inside out, or have hideous 'mistakes' of printing on them) are all that you can buy. And do we get a discount for inferior quality clothing? No. Jeans still at the lowest $70. I mean seriously people. You want me to buy clothes with rips and holes in them and pay through the nose?! Once again we see the moronic nature of fashion that some people are slaves to.

So after going through all the standard mens clothing shops in New Lynn, I popped over to Save Mart. God bless Save Mart. I found a nice shirt and jeans and paid $15.

4 Comments:

  • Fashion deserves a
    raaaaaaaaaa!

    By Anonymous Allan, at 12:30 AM, April 25, 2005  

  • I have rips and stuff in my jeans, but apparently my ones aren't fashionable.

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 12:25 PM, April 26, 2005  

  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

    By Anonymous Anita, at 1:11 PM, April 26, 2005  

  • I like the current grungy fashion.

    What I don't like are most labels.
    Take 'von Dutch' for example. Why is it good?
    Maybe it would be if it had some sort of exclusivity, but you can buy 'von Dutch' anything from the markets.

    I'd much rather make something myself and wear it. Since I'm unique, why should my clothing be any different?

    By Anonymous Dan, at 4:58 PM, April 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home