Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Garden

I have increased my herb garden size. It now includes more parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Further to this, I have curry plant, coriander, and not a few other herbs. If you need any and live nearby, pop around and raid my garden.

The herb garden is not the only new and exciting development in my life. I also have ripped out the hideous shrubs which were the feature of the oldest section of the retaining wall, and replaced them with pansies. Some very pretty pansies too.

And as if this wasn't enough, I also have three fruit shrubs/trees/vines. As well as my two grapevine plants (kindly given by Allan's grandfather), I have bought an orangeberry shrub (surprisingly enough like a blackberry, only orange), a passionfruit vine, and a thornless blackberry bush. Bring on harvest time I say!

Gardens are cool.

8 Comments:

  • shot nana

    By Anonymous trogdor, at 1:44 PM, March 17, 2005  

  • May be doing winter type veges here but for now will admire the weeds around the place. Turns out that there actually is real grass under there after all. Only took loads of weed killer and me attempting to clear it all out for it to make a comeback.

    Good winter veges, so I'm told, are cabbage, lettuce, onions, peas, broccoli and such types.

    By Anonymous Allan, at 4:31 PM, March 17, 2005  

  • oh yea... Was that Taska I saw zooming past in da grey alfa earlier today? Bout 4pm

    By Anonymous Allan, at 4:32 PM, March 17, 2005  

  • Finally long winter ends, and herbs of my garden will grow up from now. This year, what kind of herbs shall I plant? What kind of herbs do you like best?

    Polyanthus from Japan

    By Anonymous Polyanthus, at 5:01 PM, March 17, 2005  

  • Good stuff
    I used to grow heaps of pansys and other suchlikes at the nursersy that I used to work at. Polyanthus as well.
    Did You get any magenta bicolour pansys? Il have to come around and check your gardening skills out some time and have a bit of a yarn.

    By Anonymous Jesse, at 11:54 AM, March 19, 2005  

  • Hey Scotty - when you're in your herb garden, with your parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme do you sing "scarborough fair"? i think it would make the herbs grow better if you did that

    By Anonymous Michelle, at 5:12 PM, March 19, 2005  

  • Polyanthus - I think dill and basil are cool harbs - maybe you could grow them?!

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 4:06 PM, March 20, 2005  

  • kool scoot! i feel your garden joy, maybe you would like to share in mine: my basil has gone to seed and now i have little baby basils too! i'm a mummy!

    By Anonymous Alana, at 10:33 AM, March 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home