Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Thursday, April 21, 2005

A New Car & How Cool Japanese People Are

My frequent trips out to Titirangi have prompted me to purchase a car that is cheaper on the gas, since our nasty stinking tricksy thieving government stole some more money from us precious, in the form of new gas tax. My 155 will remain in the garage - I will not sell it, but it will come out on special occassions.

My new car is a 2 door 1990 Nissan Sentra. I'm not sure what else to say about it. It's not an Alfa which is a huge negative, but being a 1.4L it should be nice and economical. The guy I bought it off got me a new warrant and fixed what was wrong with it, and brought the price down to $750, so I'm quite happy.

In other news....as you know my sister Louise is currently two months in to a nine month stint in Japan. She emailed me yesterday, and one thing I found rather amusing was this:-

Last night I was introducing myself in English and stuff and I showed them a photo of my family....I said, This is my older brother Scott and the whole room erupted in oooooooooh aaaaaaaaaaaahs and I was like what? and Ruth translated and said they thought you were soooo good looking..That`s like the second or third time that has
happened....


Maybe I should go and live in Japan.

6 Comments:

  • Ohhh ahhhh... new car :-)

    You plan on buying the section next door and building a covered car park?


    I had to ban an arab the other day for deciding he wanted to marry a teen girl in the chat room based only on her picture.

    By Anonymous Allan, at 7:04 PM, April 21, 2005  

  • Indeed we are now a six car family.

    Carl has the big diesel, Jono has the Alfa 33, Subaru, and Datsun, and I have the Nissan, and Alfa 155.

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 8:04 PM, April 21, 2005  

  • What a waste of a such a beautiful car having it locked up in the garage

    By Anonymous Anita, at 8:58 PM, April 21, 2005  

  • Yey Scott welcome to my world of the Nissan who knows I may yet join your world of the Alfa one day!
    :) Bon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 AM, April 22, 2005  

  • Hey Bonza!! You've gotta come round for tea sometime. How about next week?

    By Anonymous Scotty, at 8:55 AM, April 22, 2005  

  • Mrs Yang like Scotty show picture. She want see handsome man this herself!! Hello Doctor!

    By Anonymous Mrs Yang, at 1:08 PM, April 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home