Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Friday, August 22, 2003

And the Winner Is....

Amanda McGrail, St Heliers.



Although I hardly expect she saw the challenge I gave on my blog yesterday about writing a letter! Here is her excellent letter.



"Why would Jane Norton criticise Samuel Carpenter for wanting to honour his wife? Erotic advertisements for women's lingerie do little to encourage women and everything to play with men's minds.



I am thankful that there are some young men around who want to tell their wives that despite the smorgasboard of sluttishness they face every day, they want their eyes to be only for her; that they took their wedding vows seriously.



I am sure Samuel Carpenter's wife felt honoured and adored by his letter, certainly not exploited. The increasing sexualisation of our culture is doing no one any favours, except advertisers whose creative flair seems stuck below the waist."




And to that I say "Amen and Amen."



Just as an aside does anyone know why one of the first results of the fall in Genesis was man trying to clothe himself, and then God clothing him? (Serious question, I have my own theories, but I'd like to know what ya'll think.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home