Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Friday, March 12, 2004

Alfa

The Alfa is going in for rust repairs next week on Monday. $1222 . Hmmm. I must love my Alfa. It's the only rust on the whole car, and it's in the boot of all places. The rest of the car is sweet as, so I don't know what the deal is with that. I'll keep you informed, as I know you all love the Alfa as much as I do. I suspect this is the last major work that will be needed on it for quite sometime, but that statement in itself could be asking for trouble.



Restoring A Relationship

This is from "A Purpose Driven Life".



1. Talk to God before talking to the person.

2. Always take the initiative.

3. Sympathize with their feelings.

4. Confess your part in the conflict.

5. Attack the problem, not the person.

6. Cooperate as much as possible.

7. Emphasize reconciliation, not resolution.



Good stuff, and stuff I want to use in my life, and suggest others use. I have been aware of many interpersonal conflicts in the church recently, and from now on, I am going to suggest this as a way of sorting things out. Sometimes people don't want to sort things out, but this is an un-Christian attitude. We must always want to restore a relationship.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home