Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Friday, April 09, 2004

Jono's Blog

It has risen from the dead. Check it out ya'll.



Touch

Well the weather outside was frightful, but it turned out so delightful. And so we played touch. And it was good. And many tries were scored. And there was much forward passing. And man was it a cool game. And we made the field quite wide, which showed how shocking our defence could become. And I twisted my ankle, but it's not to bad, so that's cool.



Cricket

What is wrong with test cricket? It is the same thing as classical music. If we can't have something wrapped into a 3 minute sound / video bite, we won't bother. Why is a game like rugby more popular than cricket? Is not part of it at least that we have time for it, but to take a whole five days out of our modern timetables is just beyond the pale? Some may say that cricket is boring and rugby is not. But that is playing into the hands of my ideas on this. We just don't have the time to become interested in something that takes so long, and has few moments of 'excitement' and many moments in between the few exciting bits like outs and sixes. Thus the highlights become the game. As an aside, isn't it weird that we should find rugby more interesting than cricket (I'm talking statistically here) when in essence, cricket is a much more varied game, in that rugby is basically about getting a ball over a line, and stopping the opposition from doing the same. I have nothing against rugby, in fact I quite enjoy it, but I find that cricket is much more strategic (and therefore stimulating for me) than rugby. I'm sure some would argue that this is not so, but I argue from the sheer fact that in cricket there are many facets to play. The skill involved is also great. I mean imagine a ball travelling toward you at a speed of 150km/hour. Over the small distance of a pitch. And now hit it. Wow.



Back to Basics

I feel away from God at the moment. I haven't been wanting to read the Bible, or to read the Christian books I have started. After I have finished this post I will go away and force myself to. I don't need to feel close to God, because no matter how I feel, the fact is, He has rescued me from sin, and He loves me, and no matter what He will keep me. Nevertheless, this whole feeling has made me depressed.



News Flash

I applied for a Forensic Technician job at ESR, and have got an interview on the 26th of April. Please pray for this. I am not sure if it is a good move or not. It could have repercussions for my effectiveness leading the youth. At Tip Top, I am close to home, and the shift work means I can be quite flexible in meeting with people, because I never get caught in traffic, and sometimes don't have to go in until late, so can meet with the guys for breakfast. ESR on the other hand is in Mt Albert, and apparently if I get the job I will be on call for scene attendance around New Zealand.



Music

Currently listening to Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D major. Highly recommend. Get it! Also tonight I shall write some music. I haven't done it for a while, and I really feel like doing it. So 'roll over Beethoven'. Haha. Yeah GO ON.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home