Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Monday, May 17, 2004

Motorway Thinking

When I was driving home from work tonight, I had this illumination. A semi-vision type experience. Well I'll bet that caught your attention. And you must read on. I was cruising along the motorway. It was dark, and I could see the lights on the hill east of Manurewa. I was listening to "Solid Gold FM", which I do when I am sick of the classical CD which I have in the car. And I was thinking about how these guys who were good singers are hardly thought of anymore. They were once 'idols' of their time. They would have run to and fro doing this and that. And it would have all seemed important to them. But now, they are hardly thought of, barely remembered. In but a few short years they have become ink in history books. So I thought of my life. Here I was driving down the motorway, with thoughts of work churning over in my brain, taking everything so seriously. And yet, all of this is going to be forgotten soon enough. My life and it's pettiness will pale into insignificance as time marches on.



Ecclesiastes 2:16 "For the wise man, like the fool, will not be long remembered; in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the wise man too must die!



Isaiah 40:7b-8 "Surely the people are grass. The grass whithers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.



But what really makes no sense is this:- God loves me. God loves me; finite and insignificant though I am. He loves me not for who I am or what I can or will do, but He loves me inspite of these. My mouth is open, but I cannot speak. Like Job I will put my hand over my mouth, because I cannot understand God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home