Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Saturday, January 03, 2004

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! God bless you all.



As yet I haven't made any New Year's Resolutions. I am finding this difficult. You see, the trick is to set these resolutions with low expectations. To many people forget this. They try the biggies, like stop smoking, exercise three times a day etc etc.... and when they fail they get depressed. Why not be easy on yourself, and set low expectations which you won't be so upset about when you constantly fall short of them. Like "This year I hereby declare that I shall at some points of time not smoke".



Alternatively set such vacuous resolutions, that you can't help but keeping them. For example "This year I plan to watch less TV." That my friends is a very sneaky resolution. Less TV eh? Less TV than what? Or how about "This year I plan to be more proactive." More proactive than what or whom? No matter what you do you can be assured that you must be keeping it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home