Scott & Sarah Kennedy

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Quote of the Week



Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Mark Twain



Goals

For those of you who don't know me, and couldn't tell I wasn't serious in my last post......I think goals/resolutions are a wonderful idea. Getting around to them is another thing. However when you've got Dad on your back like I did, they better be forthcoming. So I have come up with my list of goals for 2004.



My English teacher once wrote on an essay of mine "Say more with less". It was a great help. More delving, less froth. Less width more depth. Well that is a maxim that can be transferred from my writing to my life. Do less, but do it better. So this year I am cutting all the things I have been burdened with in the past year. I am refocusing on where I think God has called me, and I will put the time that I have gained (by cutting out other activities) doing a better job of the things I am doing.



Here is my goal list for 2004:-



Spiritual

· I will read through a minimum of 12 good solid Christian books this year.

· I will aim to read and study a book of the Bible per month.

· Every month on the last day of the month I will crack open the old prayer box.

Intellectual

· I will aim to get a good understanding of Excel.

Work

· Work my hardest to God’s glory, not for men.

· I would like heaps of opportunities to share my faith, and I want to take the opportunities I get.

Physical

· At least once per week I will go for a walk of at least 30 minutes.

Financial

· I aim to add $x to my term deposit savings account.

· I will keep an expenditure record to insure I stick to my financial plan for 2004.

C.I.A.

· This year I want to see the C.I.A touch team set up along with T’s and weekly practices.

· Continue the relationship focus of C.I.A, but get to deeper levels with the young guys

· I want to see C.I.A become a more servant focused group.

· I want to see friends of the young people beginning to attend regularly.

· This year I want to encourage young people to attend evening church.

· To find two young people and begin to train them up for leadership.

Other

· I will continue writing my personal journal.





All attempted relying on God's grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home